The architectural heritage of Moncontour

Moncontour has a rich and varied heritage.

In order to better organize your schedule, here are some ideas of places to discover:

Patrimoine architectural
Patrimoine naturel
Mots-clés
60 réponse(s) - de 25 a 36 (page 3)
< Page precedente 1 2 3 4 5 Page suivante >
L' église St. MathurinL'église Saint - Pierrela Mirlitantouille - TantouilleLe Manoir de la Ville Norme
When we speak about the church of St Mathurin Moncontour it is often to discuss its stained glass windows. Classified for their splendour the six date from the sixteenth century : St Yves : Stained glass window of Saint Yves St. Barbara : (5) fiche1797 St John the Baptist : (5) fiche1798 Mistress glass : (5) fiche1799 The Tree of Jesse : (5) fiche1800 St Mathurin : (5) fiche1795 Saint Peter's church was built in 1877 after the previous church dating from the eighteenth century was destroyed by fire. In order to build the bell tower, a huge earth mound was excavated to mount the stones. The consecration of the building was marked the arrival of a small bell, named Jeanne-Françoise weighing 533 kg. It was installed in the tower, alongside Jeanne Adolphine now called la vieille grosse The Old Big '. Now proving to be one of the most imposingchurch buildings in the area,... The village of Mirlitantouille witnessed many clashes between Republicans and Chouans during the period of the Revolution. The scene of several executions one of particular note being the priest l'abbé Cochon suspected of sympathising with the counter revolutionaries - Chouans - has a cross to commemerate his being put to death. A century later, after having disappeared from the map and with a shortened name, Tantouille emerged as an important junction on the railway line between Saint-Brieuc... In the sixteenth century, this Manor house was given rights under the court of Moncontour to dispense medium and low justice. A little later,it became an important lookout for the Chouans during the Revolution. Hollows were put in the walls for an arms cache some of which were even recovered in the early twentieth century.
Les Landes de ClineufMansion VauclairMansions castles.Mill St Michel - Moncontour
In the eighteenth century, the moors of Clineuf and St Carreuc covered an area of at least a 1,000 hectares.At the time of 1769, these lands and wooded areas belonged to the Lord of Plessix and St-Carreuc, Jean Marie Picot, who was also the Viscount of Plédran. fifteenth centuryGranite and StoneThe VauclairLa Porte du Manoir Vauclair The first owners of this area are Bouëtel. It then belongs to the family of the root ball 's Orfeil the sixteenth century and became the property of Coligny. The oldest parts of the house date back to that time, the door of which comes from the ancient chapel. Under the lordship of moncontour, the mansion has right of high justice, the right loft, different privilegesand dependencies in many neighboring parishes. The... Taking the title of an exhibition and a book presented there ten years by two civil cartophiles enthusiasts built heritage (N. Brouard and C. Kulig) to this article aims emphasis on the pervasiveness of nobles and bourgeois mansions in the country Moncontour. It is in the Penthièvre indeed found in France, more castles per square kilometer! Will tempt old stone and history buffs ... "Until the late 18th century campaigns in the region are dominated a large and poor nobility. This is perhaps... The parish Saint Michel enjoys a privileged situation: the closeness of the fortress assures its safety, the road favorites the trade and the luxuriant valley is a source of natural resources. Fitted out and provided with a dike, the pond Prioux supplies the energy necessary for the food of several mills installed at the foot of the priory. A reach, a channel leading waters to mills, is fitted out on about 800 meters. In the XIXth century, Saint Michel's reach feeds another three mills. Vestiges:...
Mistress windowMonolithic cross.Olivier de Clisson, warrior and great builder.Operation of water mills
Conducted between 1522 and 1531.Historic Monument in 1962. Stained confused Dutch inspiration containing scenes from the childhood of Christ.stunning colors: blue - red - green At the top inset (Eternal Father) and Trim: 1884Below, in the eardrum, two Saintes:Santa Barbara, left and St. Catherine, rightReads upwards from left to right. 1. Bottom: The VisitationSt. Elizabeth, red coatThe Virgin doorTwo long braids.Before the donor Claude of Villeblanche presented by Saint Claude, the Patron... is sometimes discovered in the heart of cities or the bend of a country road, one of these large monolithic cross branches patty, great features, one of the finest examples of the region is located in the town of Landéhen. In the country of Moncontour, note the famous cross Oulot of "St. Queneuc" in Quessoy, with its small neighbor of the "Grand Clos", the Cross Maillard still Quessoy, that of St Germain near "Beau Soleil "in Hénon, or that of" St. Meux "in... Special Figure 's history of Britain, Olivier de Clisson (1336-1407) knows turn the misfortunes and honors. Nobleman, accessing load Constable of France and often opposite to the Duke of Brittany John IV, Olivier de Clisson defends the heritage and future of his family: his immense fortune, its huge land holdings (he owns several cities including Josselin) and alliances (remarriage to Marguerite de Rohan, widow of Jean de Beaumanoir, 's wherehe came into possession of Moncontour) have made... (eg mill Buggy) Up 'half of the twentieth century, the water mill was one of the only ways to provide flour for bread and ' s cattle feed in the countryside of France.Before the mill wheel of Buggy continues to turn in the late 1970s, he helped generations of Quessoyais to their families and their operations, often modest. The last miller, exercising buggy up 'in 1960, recoveredbags of grain in nearby farms. Once at the mill, the bags were mounted 's floor ' s using a winch...